The Periodontology & Oral Pathology dept. of Dental Unit at Dhaka National Medical College is engaged in both diagnosis and treatment of oral & maxillofacial disease & serves as a referral center for Dhaka National Institute hospitals. It collaborates with other departments and other institutions to provide care to patients.
* World class facility
* Well-equipped air-conditioned labs with fully automated machines
* Ten headed and penta-headed microscopes with plasma TV for teaching
* 24x7 functioning clinical pathology laboratory
* Department has an air-conditioned library with sufficient books and academic CDs
* High speed internet facilities in the library
* Orientation and promotion of research activities.
The undergraduate students are demonstrated with all the domains of learning objectives stated in updated national curriculum. We provide excellent academic environment through well experienced faculty. We always try to record all the academic and clinical information of the department. We have excellent multidisciplinary patient care system and structured training facilities. Regular OPD & indoor round for inpatients. Referred patients from all other departments and special academic cases are seen from 8.00 am to 2.30 pm. Classes with practical demonstration are taken of the 3rd phase BDS students according to their academic calendar as per schedule. Lecture classes for 3rd phase BDS students are taken according to their academic calendar.
Our aim is to integrate education and patient oriented clinical knowledge so that each of our students enriches with adequate learning which will promote academic excellence, innovation and quality development.
Dr. Ashik Abduullah Imon
Periodontology & Oral Pathology Department
53/1, Johnson Road, Dhaka-1100, Bangladesh